Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Soap!

In planning for another program at work (DIY Soap and Candles) I wound up spending way too much money deciding I'd like to make my own soap and candles.  Because OF COURSE I need another craft!

I finally got around to making the soap!


Okay so not very impressive.  I picked a really simple rectangle mold from amazon and only used a light green coloring, but I'm thrilled!  It was so ridiculously easy I can't believe I haven't done it before!

I used basic melt and pour soaps.  I mixed about half and half a honey soap base and a shea butter soap base (should be super good for dry winter skin!).  I added a little tea tree oil and a scent called Spiced Apple Cider.  It smells just like fall and I can't wait for my dove soap to get used up so we can try it out!

If your looking to try I got the soap, tea tree oil, scent and color from www.brambleberry.com and I'll be going back to buy more soon I'm sure.

I love doing these sorts of projects.  And hopefully I'll get better at the soap making and can bust some out for Christmas gifts this year.

Next up on my crafty/frugal/eco-friendly list of stuff to try:

-candles
-shaving soap
-dryer balls
-ice melter
-cloth paper towels
-wheat thins

I'm sure you'll see more of these in the coming weeks.

No comments: