Saturday, January 07, 2012

Cooking Week One: Eggs

This week's cooking theme is eggs.  I kind of just decided that a frittata sounded like a good idea so for my recipe I turned to the trusty Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook.  I own the 15th edition and it is my go-to whenever I need basic recipes.  For the frittata, you combine 8 eggs and some seasoning (salt, pepper, anything else you want) and set it aside.

Then you heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet and cook about 1.5 c. of veggies and 1/3 sliced green onions in it about 5 minutes over medium heat.  Stir in 1/2 c. meat ( I used sliced deli ham).  Then pour egg mixture over everything.  As the mix sets you lift up the set bits and let the raw eggs flow under to cook.  You keep doing this until it is almost set.  The pictures that follow show the progress of the frittata.




When the mixture is almost set, sprinkle with 1/2 c. cheese and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes.




Serves 4 (or provides you with breakfast for most of the work week).  

No comments: