Monday, January 30, 2012

Date Night

The boy and I have been together 7 years and living together the past year and a half.  With any relationship lasting that long, you tend to fall into a comfortable routine. No we don't eat and do the same things the same day each week, but yes we do tend to do very similar things each week, varying slightly depending on our moods.  Every so often you need to mix things up a bit with a slightly different date and as I could tell the boy was getting somewhat restless I decided to plan a special date night- a sleepover in the living room inspired by this website

I started by making an invite and leaving it for the boy on his keyboard (since after loving me and the dog, the computer is his third stop).


Then after I came back from my evening appointment to get a much needed haircut I managed to pull our mattress into the living room by myself while the boy was busy with his computer game.  I still don't know how I managed that.  As you can tell from the picture, the dog was thoroughly freaked out by the bed switching rooms. 



And of course I prepped a pile of snacks to munch on throughout the evening.



The boy showed up promptly at 8:30 in the living room, completely baffled at how I managed to move the mattress by myself (memory foam is heavy and has no place to grip it!).  We spent the evening watching Star Trek V, playing board games (wooo Sorry and Life!) and answering questions about ourselves because even after 7 years there is still plenty to learn about each other. 

It was such a simple and fun date that was easy to throw together at the last minute and different enough to shake things up a bit. 

No comments: