So this is what I've spent my quilting break doing.
I have made a total of 34 draft stoppers and filled them with about 130 lbs of rice. Some are scrap fabric, but I eventually just used Black Friday to buy cheap flannel for the rest of them (and get adorable patterns too)
So to make them I was cutting fabric about 36x7( I prefer 8 but I was getting closer to 7 to get the most full stirps out of a yard)
Then you just fold it in half lengthwise so that the pretty sides face each other and stitch the short end and most of the long end together then turn it right side out. I used a zigzag stitch to hopefully hold it better.
After its turned right side out fill it with something (sand, rice, beans- anything like that) and sew the other end closed. Fold the rough edges inside so you have a nice clean end.
I sealed the window draft stoppers because I figure there isn't much chance of them getting wet or dirty and therefore needing cleaning or risking the filling getting moldy. I wasn't sure how the door stoppers would do so I went searching for alternate solutions and used velcro for the end on those. That way they can be emptied, thrown in the washer and refilled.
This is what the velcro end looks like. I can definitely tell the house is far less drafty than it was before them. I still have 3 more to make, but I need to pick up another 25 lb bag of rice at Costco to do it. :)
I'm considering working adding these to my etsy shop and selling them unfilled (because shipping them filled is way expensive and makes more sense for buyers to fill it themselves.