Sunday, April 01, 2012

Cooking Week 13: Russian Piroshki

Sorry I've been MIA this past week or so.  The hassle of moving means no internet and little time for posting once I did get it.  It also means I didn't get to either of my challenges until the very end of the week, but I did get them done.  In cooking this week the challenge was Russian.  After perusing some websites of Russian food I finally settled on Piroshki which is basically a Pasty.  Traditionally there are a variety of fillings that go into these delicious pockets, but I settled on ground beef and onions based on the tastes of the boy and I.



I used the recipe found here and the only thing I changed is I subbed garlic powder for dill and I baked at 400 for 17 minutes instead of frying them.



Basically you whip up a bread like dough



Cook your filling and let it cool.

Fill the pockets


Brush a beaten egg on top to help them brown in the oven.



Then bake and eat!

No comments: