Friday, March 23, 2012

Cooking Week 12- Cheesy Apple Beer Bread

I move tomorrow.  This means that even though I managed to make the bread on Sunday, this is my first time being able to sit down long enough to write the post.  It also means that I may be able to do the baking challenge a week late, but likely not.  For Cheese I decided to make a cheesy beer bread which I had been planning on making for a while.  



I used a recipe from Cooking light and adapted it slightly to compensate for my laziness.  

Mix 13.5 ounces of all purpose flour, 3 Tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, a shake of black pepper, and a few shakes of garlic powder in a bowl.



Add 1 bottle of hard apple cider and 1 c. of grated cheese.  I used dubliner because it was on sale and I LOVE the stuff :)  Mix until moist and combined.

Spoon into greased 9x 5 loaf pan and pour 1 Tablespoon of melted butter on top.



Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.  Pour another Tablespoon of melted butter on top and bake for another 15-25 minutes until deep golden and toothpick in center comes out clean.  


No comments: