Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Craft Fail: Decoupage

I'm wondering if I should just give up on the decoupaging attempts.  This is the second time I've tried a decoupage project to have it fail.  Last time it was design issues.  This time I like the way it looks, but I decoupaged the wrong object. 

I have these plastic partylite clipboards that I thought I could cover up the partylite logo with some pretty decoupage and give them new life. 



I added a full sheet of paper to the back, and decorated it with some flower cricut cuts (and a tiny bit of glitter.  My next step was going to be to add a ribbon to the top but didn't make it that far.

 

Then I covered the front with scrap squares of paper in greens.  It was looking good until a few coats of modge podge later when I realized that it didn't matter how many times I reglued the corners they were still going to peel up.  I give up.  My next decoupage project is a wooden frame, but I just have to wait for my mom to loan me her paints! 


No comments: