Thursday, February 23, 2012

Welcome Baby Card

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but for some reason I volunteered to be the chair of my work's Sunshine Committee.  Essentially this means I'm in charge of doing cheery things for my coworkers to keep morale up.  One of these cheery things is to make sure there are cards signed by everyone and collections taken up for various events.  Most recently this was the birth of a new baby.  This kind of snuck up on me, both the birth (I didn't know his wife was pregnant!) and that it was my responsibility to get the card.  I decided it would be easier and better to make the card so when I went home the night I found out I needed a card (after stopping by another scrapper friend's house for cricut cartridges) and whipped up this welcome baby card.




It was super simple, just used 2 cartridges and a stamp and I think it turned out well.  It also inspired me to work on more crafty stuff.  I'm currently working on  some decoupage stuff that I'm not entirely sure will work out well.  Either way I'm sure you'll be seeing it soon. 

No comments: