Friday, March 02, 2012

Cooking Week 9: Coffee Semi-Fail!

This week's cooking challenge is coffee.  I debated for a while on what to do (I do love coffee) and while I wanted to make an espresso crusted steak, the boy does not eat steak so I didn't want to have to make a second dinner for him.  Instead I decided to make Espresso Crinkles, a cookie recipe in my magazine file from a 2008 issue of Cooking Light.  The cookies were supposed to look like this:



And instead they came out looking like this:



I thought I followed the recipe, but I must have messed something up.  They still taste delicious, and I gave them to my vet's office as a thank you since I've been spending WAY too much time there, but not what they were supposed to be.  Oh well.  If I have the energy this weekend maybe I'll try the steak. 

No comments: